Permits and Licenses

Online permitting through is available for most permits; permit applications, supplemental plans and documents can also be emailed to the Engineering and Building Departments. We will process license and permit applications as quickly as possible.

Current Inspections

You will be redirected to to see the posted inspection schedule. If you need to cancel your inspection, please login to the permit website to complete this action. View Today's Inspections

Permits for Commercial and Developers

For more information on permits related to commercial or development endeavors, visit our Develop in Arvada page.


The City of Arvada utilizes eTRAKIT for online permitting capabilities. Contractors and homeowners are able to apply and pay for permits and projects, view and respond to plan review comments, schedule and see inspection results 24/7. Permit records for Building and Right-of-Way projects and project files for Community Development are all available through Arvada Permits.

Food Truck Vending

To operate a food truck in the City of Arvada, you must obtain a permit and a business license. Visit the Food Truck Permit page for more information.

Residential Permits

Permits are required for both interior and exterior residential building projects within the City of Arvada. Our Residential Permits page provides a list of the types of work that require a permit, from new home construction to small construction projects.


General public improvements constructed on public right-of-way, easements and other public property, and utility services on private property between the property line and the building, require a permit. Learn about permit issuance, licensing requirements and inspections.

Short Term Rentals

If you are proposing to operate a Short Term Rental in your home, in a room or rooms in your home, or in an accessory dwelling unit (ADU), you will need to apply for a short term rental license and a business license.

Special Event Permits

If you are planning an event that includes any one of the following: 

  1. Held on public property
  2. Open to the general public (free or ticketed)
  3. Anticipates more than 100 people attending/participating, you will need to apply for a special event permit