Develop in Arvada
The City reviews development projects to ensure they are consistent with the community's values and that they are implemented in ways that support and enhance our safety and quality of life. Watch a quick video about the Development and Review Process.
In This Guide
This online handbook will guide you through the four step development review process that is used in the City of Arvada. You will find detailed information, helpful hints, resources, and answers to common questions for each phase of development. If you would prefer to print these resources, please download the Bluebeam Document Management (PDF) guide.
The Development Review Process
- Step 1: Your Pre-Application Pre-application is a preliminary review based on a conceptual development proposal; it is an opportunity for you to learn and get feedback.
- Step 2: Your Formal Application A pre-submittal meeting will help you determine if your application is ready for submittal.
- Step 3: Development Review The formal review process will determine if your project is ready for a decision.
- Step 4: Construction Now it's time to begin construction of your public improvements.
Development Review Resources
The City of Arvada utilizes eTRAKiT, an online software tool, to facilitate the development review process. Follow the instructions to create your online account. This system provides access for you to:
- Submit your pre-application and application electronically
- Upload supporting documents
- Review and address comments
- Interact with your designated planner