Food Truck Permits
- Proof of a current County Health Department Certification (PDF)
- A City of Arvada Business License
- Copy of a current Commissary Agreement
- If on private property:
- Written permission from the property owner
- The permit fee is $55.
- Permits are valid for 12 months with online renewals being sent the last month of the permit.
- Hours of operation are limited between 6 a.m. and 11 p.m.
- Operators are responsible for the storage and daily disposal of all trash, refuse and litter.
- All areas used for food and retail trucks must be maintained in a safe and clean condition.
- Liquid waste used in the operation cannot be discharged from the vehicle, with the exception of clean ice melt.
- When do I need a Food Truck permit?
- If you are selling food from a readily movable wheeled, motorized vehicle designed and equipped to serve food
- If you are selling food from a wheeled, non-motorized structure designed and equipped to serve food, and towed by a motorized vehicle
- When don't I need a Food Truck permit?
- If you operate for less than 15 consecutive minutes at any specific site (such as an ice cream truck)
- If you are operating as part of an approved Special Event in coordination with the event planner
- Where are Food Trucks allowed?
- Trucks must be parked on a paved surface outside of the public right-of-way
- In a public street right-of-way (regardless of zoning district) when the street is closed to vehicular traffic as part of a Special Event Permit
- In a public street right-of-way (regardless of zoning district) as part of a gathering of two or more food trucks with authorization from the Director
- On private property as provided in Section 3-1-4-2, Temporary Uses by Zoning District
- Where aren’t Food Trucks allowed?
- On undeveloped property with unoccupied structures or unpaved surfaces
- In any location that would obstruct the visibility of motorists
- In any public park without a special event permit
- In any location that would obstruct parking lot circulation or access to a public street, alley or sidewalk