Gold Strike Park
Final Schematic Design Now Available
The City of Arvada is excited to present the final site design report for Gold Strike Park (PDF).
Using feedback we received from multiple rounds of community engagement in 2023, the final plan includes the following elements:
- Natural splash area
- Nature play
- Flexible event lawn
- Educational pavilion
- Creek overlooks
- Low-flow creek crossing
- Bouldering feature
- Wetland boardwalk and overlook
The final plan for Gold Strike Park includes two options, with the difference being which element is featured in the southeast corner of the park:
Project Next Steps
The next steps for the project include taking Phase 1, the 3.4-acre eastern portion of the park, into construction documentation to prepare the City for construction in 2025. The City is also applying for multiple grants to help support this effort.
Thank you for all your support and feedback throughout the public engagement process! We look forward to sharing this beautiful park with you in the coming years.
Gold Strike Park sits at the confluence of Clear Creek and Ralston Creek in the City of Arvada and is listed on the State Registrar of Historical Places as the site where gold was first documented in Colorado. Efforts to turn the 14-acre site into a community space for historical and ecological explorations began more than 45 years ago. The city has launched a park design effort to fulfill Gold Strike Park's full potential as the next great park for Arvada. The park design effort builds on the 2019 Clear Creek Corridor Plan (PDF), the 2016 Parks, Trails, and Open Space Master Plan (PDF), and the 2000 Gold Strike Park Master Plan (PDF).
Public Engagement and Timeline
This project builds on previous planning recommendations and community input. Community engagement activities planned for 2023 will further inform the development of a design for Gold Strike Park. Engagement begins with collecting community input on ideas and a vision for the park in early 2023, followed by design alternatives presented back to the public for feedback in the summer. A final park design will be shared in late 2023.
Community Engagement Opportunities
- The project design team held a kickoff event at the Arvada Kite Festival on April 16, 2003 featuring an interactive nature play activity for kids.
- The first public survey on Speak Up Arvada was held from April through June 4.
- An online community presentation was held on Thursday, May 4, 2023. The meeting included a project introduction, a review of the site history, interactive polling questions and more.
- A second community survey was conducted on Speak Up Arvada from Aug. 17 through Sept. 10, 2023.
- The project design team asked community members to check out two park design concepts, Concept A: Wandering Creek and Concept B: Adventure Destination, and let the team know which design concept they would prefer, why they preferred that design, and what specific site amenities would motivate them to visit the park weekly.
- View Gold Strike Park Survey #2 Summary
A schematic site plan based on community input was shared with the community in February 2024.