Registering as a Sex Offender
Be aware that the police department will not contact you over the phone, as a registered sex offender, and request money. The police department will not ask you to fax or mail your registration forms to the department. If you are contacted and have any questions, contact Detective Grahn at 720-898-6578.
A sex offender must register at the local police department if residing within a city or town, or at the county sheriff's department if they are living outside the limits of a city or town. If multiple residences are maintained, registration is required with the law enforcement agency of each jurisdiction of residence.
Schedule an Appointment to Register
You may Schedule an appointment to register through our online system. When you reach the online registration page, select the "Set up a new account" (or login if you already have an account), then select the "Police Services" tab, then scroll to the bottom of the page to schedule an appointment at Police Headquarters.
Schedule an appointment online or, you may schedule an appointment by calling 720-898-6578.
What to Bring
- Proof of residence (such as utility bill, water bill or lease agreement)
- Photo ID (driver's license, passport or state issued identification card)
- Payment for registration (cash, personal check, or money order)
- Initial registration is $60 unless you are classified as a Sexually Violent Predator (SVP) which is $75.
- Quarterly registration is $25.
- Annual registration is $25, due during the month of your birth date.
When Registration is No Longer Required
All sex offenders must register until they get a court order to discontinue registration. Typically, a juvenile may petition the court to discontinue registration upon completion of supervision. Adult convictions require registration for 5, 10, 20 years, or for life. For more information, visit the State of Colorado Courts page.