Special Event Permit for All Other Events

Are you considering having an event such as a car show, a community festival, or an event that does not fall under one of the listed categories? On this page you will find a handy list of things you may be required to include in your application. If you have not already read the guidelines for applying for Special Event Permits, please be sure to do so.

Checklist for "Other" Special Events

Items You will Need

Please request the following from your insurance agent or broker. They will issue the certificate:

  • General Liability Certificate showing you (the Special Event applicant) as the Insured, in the minimum amount of $1,000,000 each occurrence
  • The certificate holder box and additional insured must read:
    The City of Arvada
    Risk Management
    8101 Ralston Road
    Arvada, CO 80002
  • Policy coverage must include the date(s) of the event(s)

If alcoholic beverages are served, additional requirements apply. Note that these are the minimum requirements. Additional insurance may be required as determined solely by Risk Management for the City of Arvada. If you have questions, please contact Risk Management, 720-898-7590.

Items You Will Need If

If your organization is a non-profit (501(c)(3)), you will need to provide your Tax Exempt Number. Your TIN is not your EIN. For more information, please visit the  Colorado Department of Revenue.

Items You May Need After Review

For information on what to provide in an Emergency Medical Plan, please email Dave Mitchell Arvada Fire Protection District Emergency Medical Services Chief at 303-424-3012. Please see the contact options on Arvada Fire.

Applies to All Events

The City of Arvada's Noise Control ordinance addresses the prohibition of unreasonable noise and the manner in which the ordinance is enforced. Unreasonable noise includes excessive, unnecessary, or unusually loud noises within City limits that are of detriment to public health, comfort, convenience, safety, and the welfare of community members. Generally speaking, excessive or unusually loud noise that takes place between 9 p.m. and 7 a.m. is not allowed. Read Arvada's Noise Control ordinance for specific details regarding unreasonable noise and how the City enforces noise control.

Special Events and Noise

If hosting a special event with excessive loud noise, such as a concert, park event, block party, etc., a permit for relief from the Noise Control ordinance is required. This applies to events with excessive loud noise that take place on both public and private property.

Online Application Process

  • Time: Application must be submitted at least 60 days prior to the event but not MORE than 12 months prior to the event.
  • Cost: There is a non-refundable $120 application fee (additional fees may apply).
  • Payment Types: Online with Visa or Mastercard. Some fees may require payment by check.

The City of Arvada uses eTRAKiT for the Special Event Permit application process.

Utilize the eTRAKIT Application.


For information on the Special Event permitting process, please contact the Community and Economic Development team at 720-898-7435 or email Planning Division.