Meyers Pool Replacement
Aerial photo taken Feb. 5, 2024
Watch the February 2024 video update on YouTube.
The City of Arvada, along with our partners from Jeffco Public Schools and Apex Park and Recreation are considering names for the new aquatics facility that will replace the George J. Meyers Swimming Center. Learn more on the naming process webpage or sign up for email updates on the project.
Phase 2 Construction
Construction in the existing parking lot is ongoing. This begins construction of the new facility. View the construction map.
- The drop off lane and handicap parking spaces will be available at the front entrance.
- Parking will be in the semi-temporary parking lot to the south of the building.
- Please use the walking paths to access the main entrance.
Phase 1: May to July 2023 (complete)
- Construction of a semi-temporary parking lot south of the existing facility
- Pool is open
- Existing parking lot in use
Phase 2: July 2023 to May 2024
- Construction of the new facility in the existing parking lot
- Pool remains open
- Existing parking lot is closed, semi-temporary parking lot is in use
Phase 3: May to September 2024
- Construction of the new facility is ongoing
- Pool is closed
*Timelines are approximate.
Meyers Pool (7900 Carr Drive) is owned by the City of Arvada and operated and maintained by the Apex Park and Recreation District. The facility is reaching the end of its useful life as a community facility. In 2012, an engineering review on the facility determined temporary steps to maintain and repair the existing facility while a long-term replacement plan was developed. The City of Arvada, Apex Park and Recreation District and Jeffco Public Schools have partnered to replace the facility with a new 50-meter natatorium.
- The current facility will remain open through much of the construction of the new facility.
- The new facility will be adjacent to the current facility in the existing parking lot.
- A semi-temporary parking lot will be in place during construction. Part of this will remain long term and part will return to park space.
- During the final phase of construction, the pool will be closed and demolished to begin building a new parking lot on the site.
- Construction began in May 2023. Project completion is anticipated to be in late 2024.
- OLC has been chosen as the architect and interior design firm to lead the project. Saunders has been chosen as the Construction Management, General Contractor (CMGC).
- As a part of the project feasibility study, the community shared needs and desires for the new facility. This feedback will be embedded in the design process.
George J. Meyers Swimming Center is a unique 50-meter aquatics facility. The regional facility hosts a wide variety of users from competitive swimming events to recreational lap swimmers and swim classes. The facility is home to North Jeffco Swim Club, a 300-plus-member youth competitive swimming club, the Mile High Dive Club, one of the top-ranked youth diving clubs in the nation, and five Jeffco Public Schools high school swim and dive teams that use the pool as their home facility for practices and meets.