Special Event Permit for Public Parks

Are you considering having an event in a public park such as a community festival, a graduation party, a large wedding, etc.? In the following will find a handy list of things you may be required to include in your application. If you have not already read the guidelines for applying for Special Event Permits, please be sure to do so.

Before You Begin

The following rules apply to all special events at Arvada Public Parks:

  • Petting Animals - Petting zoo, farm and livestock animals are not allowed on turf areas.
  • Curfew - Events must be over before sundown. There are no exceptions to this rule.
  • Public Park - The park must remain open to the public.
  • Bouncy Castles and other inflatable gyms and obstacle courses are prohibited.

Checklist for Special Events Permits in Public Park

Items You Will Need

  1. Insurance Certificate

Please request the following from your insurance agent or broker. He/she will issue the certificate:

  • General Liability Certificate showing you (the Special Event applicant) as the Insured, in the minimum amount of $1,000,000 each occurrence
  • The certificate holder box and additional insured must read:
    The City of Arvada
    Risk Management
    8101 Ralston Road
    Arvada, CO 80002
  • Policy coverage must include the date(s) of the event(s)

If alcoholic beverages are served, additional requirements apply. Note that these are the minimum requirements. Additional insurance may be required as determined solely by Risk Management for the City of Arvada. If you have questions, please contact Risk Management, 720-898-7590

  1. Site Plan
  1. Waste Clean-Up Plan

Items You Will Need If

  1. Tax Exempt Number (You Are a Non-Profit)

If your organization is a non-profit (501(c)(3)), you will need to provide your Tax Exempt Number. Your TIN is not your EIN. For more information, please visit the Colorado Department of Revenue.

  1. Pavilion Receipt (April through September)
  1. Residential Street Closure Permit (You Are Closing a Residential Street)
  1. Vendor List
  1. Vendor Certificate of Liability Coverage (Event Includes Bounce Houses)
  1. Alcohol Permit (Event Includes Alcohol)
  1. Food Truck Guidelines (Event Includes Food Trucks)
  1. Tent Permit

Items You May Need After Review

  1. Emergency Medical Plan

For information on what to provide in an Emergency Medical Plan, please email Dave Mitchell Arvada Fire Protection District Emergency Medical Services Chief Dave Mitchell or call 303-424-3012. Please see the contact options on Arvada Fire Protection District.

  1. Fire Safety Plan
  1. Public Safety / Security Off-Duty Police
  1. Commercial Street Closure Permit (You Are Closing a Commercial Street)
  1. Parking Plan
  1. Traffic Control Plan

Applies to All Events

  1. Noise Ordinance Municipal Code Sec. 38-61

Online Application Process

  • Time: Application must be submitted at least 60 days prior to the event but not MORE than 12 months prior to the event.
  • Cost: There is a non-refundable $120 application fee (additional fees may apply).
  • Payment Types: Online with Visa or Mastercard. Some fees may require payment by check.

The City of Arvada uses eTRAKiT for the Special Event Permit application process.

Utilize the eTRAKIT Application.


For information on the Special Event permitting process, please contact Community Development at 720-898-7435 or email Planning Division.