Join the Arvada Police Department
There’s a deep-rooted pride in becoming an officer. It’s a distinct accomplishment and crowning achievement. Our department knows that being a police officer requires a specific set of skills – skills that are learned, cultivated, and perfected over time. We take that training very seriously. We are Built Blue.
- What is the process for applying?
Our application process typically occurs quarterly and our selection process is thorough and involves several important steps:
- There is criteria you must meet to be eligible to apply, and there are some things that will result in disqualification. To learn about these, visit our recruiting page Arvada Built Blue.
- Upon meeting the minimum requirements, candidates will complete and pass:
- Initial testing
- Personal History Questionnaire (PHQ)
- Academy Training
- Medical, Psychological, and Polygraph Evaluations
- Background Investigation
- Colorado Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) Certification
- Any current lateral law enforcement officers in Colorado may also apply. Interested out-of-state lateral candidates must qualify for certification under Colorado POST regulations.
- What about salary and benefits?
At Arvada PD, we offer competitive salary and benefits packages, which include (but is not limited to):
- Competitive Pay with Shift Differentials
- Overtime Pay
- On-Call Compensation
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
Take a look at our City Benefits and Pay for more information.
- Where can I find more information?