Public Safety (Police)
For all emergencies, dial 911. For non-emergency police matters, please dial 720-898-6900 or 303-980-7300.
- Respect: For the Law, Our Community, and One Another
- Dedication: To Service and Professionalism
- Responsibility: For Public Safety and Ethical Conduct
We will always strive for Excellence.
The Arvada Police Department sets the standard for excellence in policing. Built on a foundation of honor, integrity, and commitment, members of the department take great pride in providing exceptional police service to those who not only live and work in Arvada but also visit this outstanding community.
A Leader in the Nation
The Arvada Police Department sets a high standard for Colorado law enforcement agencies. We were the first agency in Colorado to achieve accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA). Nationally, we were the 18th. The Commission sets 459 standards that must be met to achieve and sustain accreditation. Arvada has maintained accreditation for over 30 years. We are proud to be a CALEA Flagship agency. For more information on accreditation, visit the CALEA website.
- Can I make a noise complaint?
Yes. The City of Arvada has noise control laws and enforces them. From loudspeakers to fireworks or loud music, many noises can create a disturbance. In most areas, noise standards (how loud things can be and what sorts of disturbing noises can be made) are lower (quieter) from 9 pm to 7 am. A noise complaint can be made at any time. To report a noise complaint, please call 720-898-6900.
- My vehicle was impounded. What do I do?
Vehicles impounded by the Arvada Police are released directly by Connolly's Towing. Contact Connolly's Towing to find out what is needed to recover a towed vehicle.
If your car is on a police hold, you will need to contact the Arvada Police Department Evidence Unit at 720-898-6926 to find out how to retrieve your vehicle. Depending upon the storage location of your vehicle, you will go to Connolly's Towing to pay the required fees to them and obtain your vehicle or you will pay the City of Arvada towing fees at Evidence and obtain a vehicle release. Vehicles released from the City's impound facility are only done by appointment. Remember, it is the vehicle owner's responsibility to keep registration information current.
- I got a parking ticket. Now what?
Parking Enforcement is a shared responsibility between LAZ Parking and the Arvada Police Department.
- For parking complaints in and around Olde Town Arvada, please email LAZ Parking or 720-364-8587
- For ongoing issues with permit restriction violations related to city parks and schools, please email LAZ Parking or 720-364-8587.
- For parking permits visit City Parking Permits
- For urgent parking concerns (blocking a driveway/roadway/fire hydrant), contact the Arvada Police Department at 720-898-6900
- Does the Police Department have a lost and found?
Due to the volume of property that is turned in, the police department does not have a lost and found service. Every attempt is made to identify and notify the owners of found property but when the owner can not be identified successfully, the items are held for 60 days and then disposed of or sent to auction.
- When do I call 911 and when do I call the non-emergency number?
If you are experiencing an emergency, please dial 911. For other non-emergency police matters, please call dispatch 720-898-6900.
- Can the APD help me with VIN Verifications?
Yes. Please call the non-emergency number: 720-898-6900.
The Colorado State Patrol can also help with this.
- Can the APD unlock a car?
In limited situations, the APD can help. For example, if an animal or person is in immediate danger, the APD can help.
For other situations that are not life-threatening, please call a locksmith in the area.
- Can the APD help with the locks on my home?
No. This is not a service we provide. You can find a local locksmith to help you.
- How do I register my bicycle?
The APD does not license or register bicycles. Please check with your insurance company for suggestions.
- Who can help me with car seat installations?
The Arvada Fire Protection District (AFPD) can assist with car seat installation. Visit a local Fire Station for assistance or check the AFPD website.
Local hospitals are also a resource for proper car seat installation.