69th / 70th & Ward Sewer Line Replacement
The sewer line that runs under 69th / 70th and Ward is reaching both the end of its useful life and capacity limits. The section needs to be replaced and upsized to continue serving customers throughout Arvada.
Work will begin in Danny Kendrick Park East moving along 70th Avenue across Ward Road along 69th Avenue finishing in Gibbs West Community Park (see map below). The playground in Danny Kendrick Park East will need to be moved and replaced as a part of this project. Visit the Danny Kendrick Park East Playground page for more information about the playground replacement.
This project has been prioritized as a part of long range planning to address aging and undersized utility infrastructure throughout the city. Please visit the Utilities Transparency page for more information about the City’s approach to long range planning and utility infrastructure repair and replacement needs.
*Update 2/13/24: Timelines are approximate and subject to change and weather delays.
- March - April 2024: water line installation
- Water line replacements along 70th Ave., 69th Ave., and Welch Court
- Local water shut offs may be necessary, impacted residents will be notified
- March - April 2024: sewer line construction begins at Danny Kendrick Park East
- Playground closed for demolition (estimated in March)
- Tree removal as needed, tree replacement will take place in consultation with the City Arborist
- Ralston Creek Trail closure and detour
- April - June 2024: construction through the park and along 70th Avenue, moving toward Ward Road
- 70th Avenue road closure with local access only
- Landscaping, seeding and tree replacement at Danny Kendrick Park East as work is completed
- June - September 2024: construction across Ward Road along 69th Avenue into Gibbs West Community Park
- Ward Road single lane closures may be necessary
- 69th Avenue roads closure with local access only
- New playground construction (Fall 2024)
- September - October 2024: construction finishing in Gibbs West Community Park, project completion
What to Expect
- Working hours 7 am to 7 pm
- Additional construction traffic and noise may be present
Danny Kendrick Park East and Ralston Creek Trail
- Construction to begin in April
- Construction fencing and closures in the park
- Playground closed in Spring 2024 to be replaced upon project completion
- Ralston Creek Trail closure and detour. Signage for detour routes will be posted
- Tree removal and revegetation. Tree replacement will take place upon project completion in consultation with the City Arborist.
69th and 70th Avenue
- Extended construction time to replace both water and sewer lines along these sections of the project
- Local water shut offs may be necessary. Impacted residents will be notified
- Alternating one-way traffic with local resident access only. Flaggers and signage will be used to direct traffic
- North and southbound single lane closures
- Working hours 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
Please submit a ticket through Ask Arvada and a team member will be in touch.