How do I get discovery on my case?

"Discovery" is the name for the exchange of information between a defendant and the prosecution.  This includes evidence to be presented at trial and a witness list. You must submit a written request in order to receive discovery from the prosecution.  This may be done through an Entry of Appearance (if you are represented by an attorney); by filling out a written request form at the front windows of the municipal court at City Hall; or by submitting a request online. Please note: the fee for discovery in a traffic case is $2.00; in criminal (ordinance) cases, the fee is $10.00.

Show All Answers

1. I received a ticket from the Arvada Police Department (APD). Do I have to go to court?
2. My client received a ticket. How do I submit a copy of my Entry of Appearance to the prosecutor’s office?
3. What will happen when I appear in court on the date on my ticket?
4. What if I am unable to appear for the court date listed on my ticket?
5. How do I get discovery on my case?
6. Is everyone entitled to or eligible for a “plea bargain”?
7. Can the prosecutor give me legal advice about my case?
8. How do I get in contact with the prosecutor assigned to my case?