What should I do if I find or lose a pet?

If you find or lose a pet, notify Arvada Animal Management at 720-898-6850. This is a recorded line and Animal Management Officers (AMO) check it frequently. Be prepared to leave a message with the following information: 

  • Breed of the animal and color 
  • The sex of the animal and if it has been altered (spayed or neutered)
  • Type of collar and color 
  • Rabies tag, identification tag, and/or microchip information 
  • Location the animal was lost or found 
  • Your name, address, and phone number 

If you've lost a pet, you may also contact Foothills Animal Shelter to see if your pet may have been turned in by a concerned citizen.

Show All Answers

1. Does my dog or cat need to be licensed?
2. What should I do if I find or lose a pet?
3. What should I do if I find an injured pet or animal?
4. What should I do if I suspect or know of animal abuse or neglect?
5. What should I do if I encounter a habitual leash law or pooper scooper violator?
6. What should I do about a barking dog?
7. Can I feed wild animals?
8. Can I report coyote activity?